One Suspect In London Terror Attack Out Of Hospital

Authorities said they had four people in custody - three men and one women - but later clarified that only three were believed to have been involved in the violence. One man in his late 20s, whom the authorities declined to name, was charged with murder and was expected to appear in court on Saturday morning. The suspects had not been on security watch lists, officials said.

Police had also deactivated an improvised explosive device, and were working to disarm a second, that had been attached to a vehicle used by the suspects. Counterterrorism forces were activated across New Zealand and Australia, as New Zealand elevated its national security threat level to "high" for the first time.

New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said 41 people had been killed at Al Noor mosque on Deans Road, opposite a large downtown park. Seven more were fatally shot about three miles away at a mosque in Linwood, an inner suburb of Christchurch, and another person died at the hospital.

Health officials said 48 patients, including both young children and adults, were being treated for gunshot wounds at Christchurch Hospital, while additional victims were seeking medical treatment elsewhere. Around 200 family members were at the hospital awaiting news about loved ones.

WDAY logo listen live watch live

49 killed in terrorist attack at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand
London terror attack: Police raid homes, name suspect
Terror suspect in Westminster ‘attack’ not known to police or MI5
IDF forces raid family home of Palestinian suspect in Ofra attack — reports
Man, 75, becomes fifth person to die following London terror attack
Westminster attack: Timeline of terror in London
8 dead in New York City truck attack; mayor calls it act of terror
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London Bridge and Borough Market terror attacks
More arrests in London after woman suspect shot in operation
NYC terror attack: What we know now about the truck attack in Manhattan