GLENVIEW, IL — The following information comes from the Glenview Police Department and court records as a record of police activity, including incidents reported by the public and those arrested by police. Criminal cha
rges represent accusations by the state and are often dropped or reduced. Updated information may be available from the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court. Every person arrested is presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.
- A resident of the 1500 block of Cottonwood Drive reported around 11 a.m. on March 26 that someone stole a package from the porch delivered by FedEx and worth $300.
- A resident in the 1900 block of Burr Oak Drive reported around 11:15 a.m. on March 28 that someone had stolen a credit card that had been mailed to their house and used it to make at least $2,700 in fraudulent purchases.
- A resident of the 4100 block of Cove Lane reported around 5 p.m. on March 29 that someone had stole four boxes containing $320 worth of electronic equipment from the mailbox area.
VIOLATION OF ORDER OF PROTECTION
An employee in the 3800 block of Willow Road reported around 12:45 p.m. on March 26 that someone they were no longer dating had violated an active order of protection by interacting with photos posted on Instagram by "liking" and "unliking" them.
- A store manager in the 1800 block of Tower Drive reported around 3:30 p.m. on March 26 that a man refused to leave the store when asked.
- A supervisor in the 2600 block of Patriot Boulevard reported around 2:30 p.m. on March 28 that a former employee was on the business' property without permission. Officers told the ex-employee not to return.
- An employee in the 3300 block of Glenview Road reported around 6:15 p.m. on April 3 that a customer caused a disturbance at the store by shouting and using profanity.
- A resident in the 2800 block of Harrison Street reported around 8 a.m. on April 7 that someone had gone into their garage without permission.
- An employee of a store in the 2200 block of Willow Road reported around 9 p.m. on March 29 that someone had stolen $78 worth of items.
- An employee in the 100 block of Waukegan Road reported at 4:19 p.m. on March 31 that two subjects stole seven boxes of teeth-whitening strips worth $360 from a shelf and hid it in their clothes.
- An employee in the 2200 block of Willow Road reported a woman stole $527 worth of clothing from the racks someone between 12:03 and 12:09 p.m. on April 4 and fled in a black Chrysler PT Cruiser.
- Two women grabbed about $3,000 worth of merchandise from the rack at a business in the 1900 block of Tower Drive around 7:15 p.m. on April 6 and fled in a dark-colored sedan without paying.
- An employee of a business in the 1900 block of Tower Drive reported around 2:30 p.m. on April 14 that two women were seen on security cameras loading merchandise into a shopping bag and asked them if they needed any help. In response, one of the women pushed the employee in the back and threatened to kill them before both women left the store, knocking over and damaging a mannequin and two sales racks. They also tried to knock over the theft detection sensors at the exit doors. Nothing was stolen but the pair did about $150 in damage.
- A Greenwillow Lane resident reported around 12:30 p.m. on March 30 that someone had used their identity to rent a U-Haul truck and caused $4,000 worth of damage to it.
- A Shermer Road resident reported around 4 p.m. on April 4 that someone had used their identity to rent a pickup truck in California. There was no loss reported.
- A resident of the 3700 block of Glenlake Drive reported around 10:30 p.m. on March 30 that someone had forced broken into their house through the front door and stole more than $3,000 in jewelry from inside earlier that evening.
- A resident in the 4500 block of Concord Lane reported around 12:45 p.m. on April 2 that someone had burglarized their apartment, stealing $800 worth of valuable coins and leaving no sign of forced entry.
- Someone stole about $5,000 worth of cash and jewelry from a home in the 4000 block of Miller Drive prior to 5 p.m. on April 11.
- A resident in the 3400 block of Ralmark Drive reported hearing a noise outside their home around 9 p.m. on April 13 and looked outside to see a person they did not know walking away from the driveway. A short time later, the resident heard a "much louder noise" and went downstairs to discover the front door ajar. The estimated damage was $300 but no one was seen inside.
- A resident of the 1000 block of Kings Lane reported on that a burglar got into their home between 5:40 and 10:15 p.m. on April 13. The only thing found to be missing at the time of the report was $30 in cash.
- A resident of the 3400 block of Pynsky Road reported around 3:30 p.m. on April 14 that someone had burglarized their home between 8:30 a.m. and 3:34 p.m., stealing jewelry for a loss of more than $20,000.
- An employee of a business in the 4500 block of Concord Lane reported at 12:02 a.m. on March 31 that a white 2013 Chrysler 300 owned by teh company was discovered missing from the parking lot for a loss of $15,000.
- A guest in the 1400 block of Milwaukee Avenue reported at 6:38 p.m. on April 8 that someone had stolen their vehicle for a loss of $10,000. The keys had gone missing at a party and the car was missing the day after a party at the location.
- An employee in the 4500 block of Concord Lane reported at 3:30 p.m. on April 1 that someone had stolen $75 worth of keys, clothing and glasses from a van used by the facility.
- Someone rummaged through a vehicle that had been left unlocked in the 900 block of Echo Lane during the overnight hours of April 2 to April 3. Nothing was reported stolen.
- Officers dispatched to an alarm at a business in the 1700 block of Glenview Road around 6 p.m. on April 1 found a storefront window had been shattered and a rock nearby. No suspects were found nearby and the estimated cost to repair was $700.
- A resident in the 2800 block of Independence Avenue reported around 11:30 p.m. on April 6 that someone had caused $500 worth of damage to their mailbox before running away.
- A resident in the 2700 block of Independence Avenue reported at 11:57 p.m. on April 6 that someone had done $200 worth of damage to their mailbox.
- A resident in the 900 block of Raleigh Road reported on that someone had slashed a tire on a vehicle loaned by a dealership around 1 p.m. on April 13. The car had been parked at a business in the 1000 block of Waukegan Road at the time.
- A resident in the 2400 block of Waukegan Road reported around 9 p.m. on April 3 that someone had stolen a silver chain worth $300 and $200 in cash from a container in their home.
- A resident in the 1300 block of Plymouth Lane reported around 8 p.m. on April 5 that they had provided a down payment for the purchase of a vehicle though the internet application OfferUp but no vehicle was ever delivered.
- Someone stole a wallet from a patron of a business in the 2500 block of Waukegan Road between 11:15 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. on April 11. Later that day, the wallet's owner got a message from their bank notifying them someone had tried to use four of their credit cards. Three were rejected but one was approved and the thief was able to purchase $3,000 worth of electronics.
- Someone scratched all four doors of a vehicle parked in at a business in the 1800 block of Tower Drive between noon and 1 p.m. on either April 5 or April 8, doing an estimated $1,000 in damage, police were told on April 15.
Someone used a black marker to draw letters and symbols on the side of a home in the 2400 block of Waukegan Road, police were told around 12:45 a.m. on April 6.
A driver for a delivery service reported around 4 p.m. on April 9 they noticed a car following them around the village. When officers pulled over the suspicious vehicle, the driver claimed they had been looking for a friend's house and denied trying to steal packages as they were delivered.
Marrena Good, 28, of the 300 block of Grove Lane, Highwood, was arrested at 1:50 p.m. on March 27 at the Glenview Police Department and charged with retail theft following an investigation into a report of about $600 worth of clothing and perfume stolen on March 24 from Kohl's, 2201 Willow Road.
Patricia Hauser, 53 of the 4500 block of Concord Lane, Glenview, was arrested between 4:45 and 5:13 p.m. on March 27 and charged with retail theft after staff at the Target, 2241 Willow Road, reported seeing her steal about $226 worth of clothing by hiding it in her purse and a store bag.
Minors were cited with theft and possession of alcohol after an employee of a business in the 1300 block of Patriot Boulevard reported around 10:30 p.m. on March 27 that someone had stolen a case of beer and fled in a red car. Officers pulled over a car matching the description and found a case of beer inside.
Nestor Bahena-Garcia, 30, of the first block of South Branch Road, Northfield, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. on March 27 after staff at the Motel 6, 1535 Milwaukee Ave., reported he was "acting very drunk and high on cocaine" and walking around the motel claiming to be a "gang member and wanted on a warrant." The employee wanted Bahena-Garcia to leave. Officers arrived and found he indeed had an active arrest warrant connected to a previous charge of resisting or obstructing police. He was charged with an additional count of resisting police after officers reported he tried to avoid being handcuffed and put into a squad car while being taken into custody on the warrant he had reportedly mentioned.
Scott Jacobsen, 37, of the 300 block of Ferndale Road, Glenview, was arrested around 5:45 a.m. on March 28 following a traffic stop in the 400 block of Beech Drive and accused of felony drunk driving. He faces charges of aggravated driving under the influnce of alcohol, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence of alcohol with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or above, driving with a suspended license and issued a citation for driving without lights when required.
A 52-year-old man was issued a citation for theft under village ordinance after an employee at a store in the 1900 block of Tower Drive reported around 2:45 p.m. on March 28 that he had been stopped on while trying to steal clothes.
A 40-year-old Mount Prospect man was arrested around 7:45 p.m. on March 28 and charged with driving without a valid license following a traffic stop in the 2400 block of Waukegan Road on a vehicle speeding without its headlights on. The driver was also issued a citation for driving without lights when required.
An 18-year-old Skokie man was arrested around 10:45 p.m. on March 28 after he was pulled over for speeding past an officer conducting a traffic stop with their squad car's emergency lights on. The driver was found to only have a learner's permit and was charged with driving without a valid driver's license and issued a citation for failure to yield to a stationary emergency vehicle.
A 43-year-old Niles man was arrested around 11:10 p.m. on March 28 and charged with driving without a valid license following a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue. He was also issued a citation for not having a working real license plate light.
A 52-year-old woman was issued a citation for theft under village ordinance around 7 p.m. on March 30 after an employee of a store in the 2200 block of Willow Road reported she had swapped price tags from cheaper items to more expensive ones.
Michael Bernacki, 31, of the 500 block of Knox Place, Joliet, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. on April 2 in the parking lot of a business in the 2300 block of Capital Drive and charged with retail theft following an investigation into a complaint of shoplifting that resulted in officers recovering more than $800 worth of alcohol, Red Bull and other merchandise.
Christopher Lawson, 32, of the 7600 block of North Paulina Street, Chicago, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. on April 2 in the 3200 block of West Parkway Drive, Northbrook, in connection with the same investigation. He was taken into custody on an active arrest Lake County warrant connected to a charge of retail after an investigation of the same incident in the 2300 block of Capital Drive.
Mitchell Ratliff, 28, of the 2300 block of West Touhy Avenue, Chicago, was arrested in the 2700 block of Sanders Road and also charged with retail theft as part of the same investigation..
James Addante, 56, of the 3800 block of Knollwood Lane, Glenview, was arrested around 10:45 p.m. on April 4 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under the influence of a combination of drugs and alcohol following a traffic stop in the 1000 block of Longmeadow Drive. He was also issued citations for speeding 15 to 20 mph over the limit and running a stop light.
Merianna Ivanov, 22, of the 4200 block of Terri Lyn Lane, Northbrook, was arrested around 6 p.m. on April 5 in the 2200 block of Willow Road following an investigation into a report of theft.
Sung Choi, 45, of the 12200 block of Antioch Road in Trevor, Wisconsin, was arrested at 2:19 a.m. on April 6 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a traffic stop in the 2300 block of Capital Drive. he was also issued a citation for driving with unsafe equipment.
A 17-year-old Wheeling boy was arrested around 9:30 p.m. on April 6 and charged with robbery following an investigation of a report that he had stolen someone's wallet after threatening to stab them in the 700 block of Huber Lane. No weapon was brandished or found by police and he has been charged as a juvenile.
Sandor Dihenes, 50, of the 4200 block of North Kedvale Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. on April 6 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under the influence of alcohol with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more following a complaint from a motorist and a traffic stop in the 200 block of Waukegan Road. He was also issued a citation for improper lane usage.
Martin Scheiber, 46, of the 300 block of Oak Creed Road, Wheeling, was arrested around 3 p.m. on April 10 at the Glenview Police Department and charged with two counts of electronic harassment in connection with incidents that took place in Glenview between November 2018 and April 2019.
Ryan Landgren, 28, of the 1900 block of Glen Oak Drive, Glenview, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. on April 10 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and issued a speeding ticket following a traffic stop in the 1600 block of Sunset Ridge Road.
Kate Kolodzik, 34, of the 800 block of East Prairie Avenue, Des Plaines was arrested at 4:19 a.m. on April 12 at a business in the 1500 block of Milwaukee Avenue on a Kane County arrest warrant issued after she failed to appear in court in connection with the terms of her supervision following a guilty plea to unauthorized possession of a prescription form.
Neil Erzinger, 54, of the 1300 block of Edgewood Lane, Winnetka, was arrested on April 11 in the 1600 block of Waukegan Road and charged with theft by deception following an investigation that began April 9 at that location. He was accused of depositing $1,170 worth of bad checks on April 5 and April 8.
Larisa Kravtsov, 62, of the 700 block of Greenwood Road, Northbrook, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. on April 11 at a store in the 2200 block of Willow Road and charged with retail theft following an investigation into a report of shoplifting at the business.
A 43-year-old Des Plaines woman was issued a village ordinance retail theft citation around 6:30 p.m. on April 12 after stealing $142 worth of merchandise from a business in the 1900 block of Tower Drive.
Robert Glorioso, 50, of the 400 block of North Carlisle Court, Round Lake, was arrested at the Glenview Police Department around 10:30 p.m. on April 13 on a charge of criminal damage to property in connection with a report of a damaged car in the parking lot at 1200 Milwaukee Avenue.
James Murray, 36, of the 700 block of Becker Road, Glenview, was arrested around 1:45 a.m. on April 14 at his home and charged with domestic battery and criminal damage to government supported property after he was accused of battering a family member and damaging a partition in a squad car.